Nemo Outdoor Drive Test Solution
Key Features & Specifications
Understand performance and quality of wireless networks and optimize it for improved end-user satisfaction and increased Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
Drive testing solution for measurement of air interface parameters in wireless networks
- Quality-of-experience (QoE) metrics for the services and applications your customers are actually using
- Supports all stages of wireless network lifecycle, network rollout, optimization and network benchmarking, network monitoring and control, network data post-processing and analytics
- Extremely easy to set up, conﬁgure and use
- Benchmarking solution with advanced analytics for easy comparison of terminals, IoT devices and networks
- Automated measurements of wireless networks with extensive scripts and large-scale measurement
Realtime interference analysis
- Missing neighbor detection, pilot pollution, co-channel and adjacent channel
- Connects up to nine smartphones or IoT devices to one laptop
- Supports latest smartphones and IoT devices in the market
- Supports more than 300 test terminals, IoT devices and scanners
Wide application testing
- YouTube and Netflix video testing
- WhatApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Dropbox and Instagram application testing
- Native Ookla speedtests
- Ability to test any application using automated scripts
Supports latest wireless technologies
- Evaluate and verify 5G base station propagation models indicating 5G cellular coverage levels
- NB-IoT and LTE-M support for both Qualcomm and Neul IoT chipset based devices
- LTE & LTE-A (Cat 6-18, VoLTE/ ViLTE, VoWiFi/ViWiFi, and eMBMS testing), HSPA+ DC, WCDMA, GSM, 1xEVDO, CDMA, iDEN, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA, TETRA
- Support for POLQA & PESQ voice quality testing and PEVQ-S streaming video analysis
Drive testing of wireless networks
Nemo Outdoor is a laptop-based drive test tool for wireless network testing which supports over 300 terminals, IoT devices and scanning receivers from various vendors, all latest network technologies and latest smartphones. Nemo Outdoor offers a full drive test solution for wireless network testing / mobile network testing, troubleshooting, and optimization.
In wireless network testing Nemo Outdoor’s powerful software platform works with all wireless technologies and with different protocol and application testing options. The optional media router functionality, Keysights’ proprietary (patent pending) communications interface and application, enables simple and productive deployment of smartphones in data benchmarking and voice quality measurements by utilizing the smartphones’ capacity more effectively. Nemo Outdoor produces measurement files from wireless network drive tests in the open ASCII Nemo file format, enabling quick and easy troubleshooting and analysis, using Keysight’s or third-party post-processing tools. With a test terminal and/or a scanner you can perform real-time missing neighbor detection, pilot pollution analysis, and GSM interference analysis.
Ensuring wireless network quality for end-users
Nemo Outdoor enables measuring quality-of-experience (QoE) metrics for the services and applications your customers are actually using, including advanced YouTube video testing, Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instagram testing. With the optional media router functionality integrated into the Nemo Outdoor system, the smartphone measurement results reflect the real end-user experience. This gives customers the capability to understand wireless network quality from end consumer perspective, troubleshoot and optimize the network based on the results, ultimately improving customer satisfaction and reducing churn.
Nemo Outdoor combined with FieldFox spectrum analyzer for field measurements of 5G
The 5G product development process where network environment is emulated in a lab needs to be complemented with field tests to ensure the real-world network conditions match algorithms used in development. As there are no end-user devices available yet, a feasible way to understand 5G beam characteristics is to measure the signal power level from the base station.
Keysight’s Nemo Outdoor, combined with FieldFox, enables mobile operators and network vendors to measure 5G radio propagation and coverage. The solution uses Nemo analytics tools to provide capabilities for visualizing and post-processing data, enabling network equipment manufacturers and mobile operators to evaluate and verify 5G base station propagation models indicating 5G cellular coverage levels.